I'm Getting Ready for the Holiday Shopping Season in my Etsy Shop. It’s Time! Here are some tips I used, I hope they will help you get going too…
1. First Take Inventory: of your stock, supplies, & time. Make lists of what you've got & what you need.
2. Stock-up: head to your suppliers shops, websites, or markets; buy in bulk. You don’t want to run out, suppliers get busy too during the holidays and some elements of your work may not be available later.
3. Look Back: did you have any top sellers last holiday season or something new that is selling now? Start planning ahead to make/create/prepare these items in particular.
4. Fill Your Shop Up: Begin increasing your actual inventory now. You’ll have more to sell in the coming months.
5. Clean Sweep: Whilst taking your inventory & planning which supplies need to be purchased...clean out your work bench and photo area for better efficiency. Sell or store extra supplies, create a more streamlined "production line"...get inspired!
6. Save the Date: Consider having an open house to show off (and sell!) your designs to friends, family, neighbors, and whomever else shows up!
7. Bust Out the Red and Green: Plan on making specifically seasonal items. Get started now-experiment, revise, sell, & get noticed.
8. Wrap, Tie, Send: Think now about adding wrapping or different packaging options for the holidays- in addition to your normal mailers, boxes, ribbon, etc.