I’m joining the fun this week….
Sitting on the porch and answering random questions about everything under the sun….
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? Why?
(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)
So far I'll give it a 7 - a good summer; I've had a few health issues this summer so it has been a good summer, not a great summer. We did have several great moments 4th of July weekend...food, family and a lot of friends...it was a great weekend!
2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle).
I have several Aunts and Uncles, but none are especially close; I moved away from home at 17 years old and never really looked back. I do have two beautiful (inside and out) nieces living in Battle Ground, Indiana. A favorite memory with my nieces was a trip to Walt Disney World (WDW). Many years ago I worked at WDW; I was able to share many memories with the girls as we toured the theme parks and use all the tips and tricks I knew about getting around the parks and transportation. It was a wonderful week!
3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What's your favorite food dipped in cheese?
My favorite Chocolate treat is the DQ dipped cone...yummy! My favorite cheese treat is a hot german pretzel dipped in beer cheese, the Blue Ridge Brewery has the best pretzel and beer cheese.
4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.
After moving to the mountains, I was astonished by all the stars in the sky on a clear night. Living in the city we could not see many stars, even on a clear night. The city lights faded the stars. Now I go out to the back porch and gaze at the millions of bright twinkling stars...it's so awesome!
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?
Tiny little chalk clip boards - I've been using these little guys to make price signs for my craft sale booth. I write the price in chalk so I can reuse them.
6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?
Not really a story, but ....Romans 8:28 is perhaps my favorite verse, as it reminds me that, no matter what happens, God is always there. "He works all things for the good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes."
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?
|The Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island, Michigan|
I've traveled extensively in the US during my corporate career, so my stopovers would be cities that I've never visited...
#1 - New York City...I've never been there before, I've been in both Kennedy and Laguardia Airports, but never outside of the terminal. I'll need at least a couple of days there to see all the museums and sights.
#2 - Mackinac Island, MI...I'd stay at the Grand Hotel, it's romantic, magical, and timeless. Motorized vehicles are not permitted on the island, bicycles and horse drawn carriages are the only on-island mode of transportation...perfect place to relax after the hustle and bustle of NYC!
#3 - Shipshewana, Indiana...it's an Amish Community with many crafters of handmade goods. I love items made with love and care, this community is filled with amazing handmade items: quilts, furniture, pottery, baked and canned goods, even holistic remedies.
#4 - Jackson, Wyoming... The Grand Teton National Park, natural wonders at it's best.
#5 - Big Sur, California... Known for stunning views and beautiful sunsets, what better way to end the trip! Cheers!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Road trip to Cleveland, TN yesterday...the only bad thing about living in the mountains... no Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Costco, or Michael's. The 33 mile drive from Blue Ridge to Cleveland is gorgeous; that eases the pain a bit. The road follows the Ocoee River with jaw dropping scenery along the way....Take a look....beautiful.
Have a great week!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA