Saturday, September 25, 2010

Logging my favorites...

This is the fourth installment of a ongoing log of my favorite things. Once a month I will post a favorite. It might be a person, or a place, or even a event. Hopefully it will help you get to know me a little better. I'd love your comments and I hope to make some connections through our mutual enjoyment of these treasures.

Tent Camping

I love to camp. Sitting around a campfire under a clear sky, gazing up at the stars, and listening to the sounds of the night can strengthen our bodies, pacify our minds, and restore our spirits. Camping is rejuvenating!  We camp 2 or 3 times a year; planning our next destination months in advance. 



For some camping purists, a backpack, pocket knife, two sticks and a tarp is all you need for a weekend camping trip.  Not us, we are in the growing group of 'luxury' campers. Our list of necessities includes a very large two room tent, camping cots with thick memory foam mattresses, luxury linens, a kitchen box that contains everything but the kitchen sink, a fondue pot and lots of candles for ambiance.  We probably look like the Beverly Hillbillies when we pull into a camp ground; our SUV piled high with all our camping gear. We are all about comfort, and taking the time to rest and replenish. It's wonderful, even with the bears lurking in the forest!

 
Share this Blog Post :

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you!!! We love camping!!!!
    Check out this post of mine!
    kristen-beadjourney.blogspot.com/2010/05/windy-rock-mobile.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been tent camping since I was a kid - my dad used to take us all the time. But I can still remember how it smelled, and the cool night air, and the stars at night... but it was pretty rustic, yours sounds much more my style!


    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I love yours... your header is gorgeous, and your blog name made me giggle. :) I will definitely be checking back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a "glorified tent"...keeps me warm (or cool depending on the season!) and dry. There's nothing like a long weekend (or week) get-a-way to rejuvenate!

    ReplyDelete