Saturday, July 23, 2011

Logging My Favorites...

This is the seventh installment of a ongoing log of my favorite things. Once a month I will post a favorite. It might be a person, or a place, or even an event. Hopefully it will help you get to know me a little better. I'd love your comments and I hope to make some connections through our mutual enjoyment of these treasures.

Realist Painter Thomas Arvid



Thomas Arvid's images amaze me with their intricate details and his mastery of light, depth and reflection. He has the ability to visualize and chronicle an entire scene beyond the picture frame – to tell a story of pleasure and the good life – using lush color and skillful composition. His paintings are regularly mistaken for photography, he's amazing.


Arvid is passionate about art and wine, a collector of both, he strives to capture the enjoyment of a life well lived on each canvas. "Wine is a great subject because people are familiar with it; they really connect to it. My paintings speak to the special moments that people share when they share wine – it's amazing that my collectors find a personal fulfillment in my work, especially when I'm just doing what I love."


My favorite artist lives right here in Atlanta. He has been spotted with paint brushes in his pocket painting in the most unusual places: on a commercial airline, sitting cross leg in a hallway, at a local wine market, and the lobby of a hotel. I’m envious of his constant inspiration and motivation.


I share in his passion for wine and art; one of Arvid's favorite phrases: "Life without art is like dinner without wine. Why bother?"  I totally agree.  Cheers!




Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the introduction to Arvid. I was looking for the painting, not realizing this was it! You are correct, I thought it was a photograph. Amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete