Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Logging My Favorites...Local Three

Kitchen and Bar


This is the eighth installment of an ongoing log of my favorite things. Periodically I will post a favorite. It might be a person, or a place, or even an event. Hopefully it will help you get to know me a little better. I'd love your comments and I hope to make some connections through our mutual enjoyment of these treasures.

Local Three Kitchen and Bar, Atlanta, GA
Photo Credit: Never Eat Solo Meetup

What took me so long to log this favorite?... Local Three Kitchen and Bar…Atlanta, GA

I may not be a true food critic, but I do consider myself a Foodie. I consider Local Three a destination-worthy restaurant. What is a “destination-worthy” restaurant you ask?  I believe it’s an eatery that will actually motivate you to get in your car, travel inside the perimeter (into the city for those not familiar with Atlanta), and search out a place that is so wonderful you don’t want to leave.
 
Perhaps it's the ability of Local Three’s staff to make you feel comfy and cozy.  To build an overall experience that makes you think, if only for an hour or two, that you’re dining in a friend’s home or maybe your mom’s kitchen.  


Todd Mussman, Ryan Turner, and Chris Hall
Todd Mussman, Ryan Turner, and Chris Hall

Using one the best kitchens in the country, co-owners Chef Chris Hall, Chef Todd Mussman, Business Dude Ryan Turner, and the Local Three staff offer a neighborhood spot with really good food, a wide selection of beverages and exceptional service!


Some of my Favorites at Local Three Kichen and Bar, GA
A few of my Favorites

You enter the restaurant through the “hidden” wide plank wooden door into the come-as-you-are atmosphere and "foie gras in your flip flops" ambiance. They consistently serve the best quality cuisine at affordable prices. And on Sundays, they invite you into the kitchen to “fix a plate” at their buffet style Sunday brunch…love it!
Chef Chris Hall’s Viewpoint:  “We’re operating under one guiding principle: “You can’t argue with delicious.” That really sums up our culinary philosophy. It will of course be seasonal and we’ll keep it as local as we can—not exclusively, but we want to support farmers close to us when we can. Fresh is best. We’re not trying to do anything earth shattering or revolutionary, we just want to cook great food that people enjoy!”
 

Wall Art at Local Three Kitchen and Bar, Atlanta, GA


OH, did I mention the velvet Elvis, original folk art and "The Dude" Lebowski on the wall?  You just can’t be pretentions with velvet Elvis greeting you.  
              
Chef Hall said it best: “We’re serious about our food, not ourselves.”
Go!  Now!  Be prepared to “sit deep and stay long” – they live by their philosophy and they want to get to know you … I can attest to this.

 Take a Peek at the Menu and Get Directions: Local Three Kitchen and Bar, Atlanta, GA
Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who lives in Atlanta, GA. This looks good.

    ReplyDelete