Saturday, January 21, 2017

WooHoo...I'm Mobile Again...

Check out my new mod of transportation...

This weekend my sweetie and I went to the Recreational Vehicle (RV) Super Show in Chattanooga TN.  We were there doing some window shopping for a small pull behind travel trailer for camping adventures this spring. We didn't purchase a camper, but we each purchased a new bike. Mine is an electric bike! 

For several years I have been struggling with arthritis; this makes riding my standard bike a challenge. When riding up a hill on my old bike, the pressure on my hips was very painful.  I also have a hard time getting on and off the old bike safely due to the crossbar being too high.

My new bike is the Pedego "Boomerang" model, it has a very low 9" step through frame for easy access and a deluxe saddle with a suspension seat post for extra cushioning for my aching bones. It also has wide, swept back handlebars that allow me to sit up straight (my most pain-free position) and premium balloon tires ensuring a nice, smooth ride.

And the best feature is the power assist that helps me out if I get tired (it has 5 levels of assistance) or can't pedal up the hills on my own. The battery is powerful enough to get me moving up to 20 miles an hour and it will last for 30 to 40 miles on one charge.  

The catch-22 with arthritis is that you need exercise to increases strength and flexibility, reduce joint pain and combat fatigue. But when stiff and painful joints are already bogging you down, the thought of walking around the block or riding your bike for 30 minutes can be overwhelming. My new bike will help ease the pain and provide some exercise.

The Pedego company tag line is "hello fun" .... I agree, my new bike is so much fun to ride!  I can't wait to take it on a road trip. 

Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. That bike is amazing! I might even be able to handle that one! How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete