Friday, December 29, 2017

My New Creative Space.....

I absolutely loved working with metal clay during my jewelry class at the John C. Campbell Folk School. My Husband encouraged me to continue working with metal clay after the class; he even bought me a kiln in my favorite color purple as a surprise...    

Lori Dorrington

What he didn't realize was that I needed many additional tools to be successful at this new craft. Dryers, tumblers, polishers, textures, expensive metal clays, metal tools, etc, etc, etc... The tools for clay and supplies for other crafts began to take over every flat surface in the house.  When he had to move my tumbler, dehydrator, and handmade card stock so he could make dinner, I think he was sorry he encouraged me to start down this new jewelry making path...LOL.

So, today construction of  my new Metal Clay Studio is complete and ready for action; we've enclosed one of the porches on our house with weather tight panels and screens. Take a peek...you can't get much better natural light than this!


The entrance to the studio...


The kiln, tumbling, and drying area...


The design and production area...


The View...


The view of the stream...

Stay tuned for updates on my spring collection of  metal clay jewelry...I'll be working in both copper and bronze.  LOVE the new creative space!

Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge
Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! How absolutely wonderful that you could created such a glorious work space for your new crafting!! I took a class on glass fusion and bought a small kiln. It sat in the garage for a couple of years and when we cleaned out to downsize, I gave it to our Education Department Manager at the art museum where I worked until retirement last summer. She was thrilled to get it. I knew I would never use it.... boy oh boy though... with a space like you have it could have been so different!! Enjoy and I look forward to seeing your creations!!

    ReplyDelete