Sunday, September 8, 2019

Sunday Stealing - 09/08/19



Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. The hosts steal all types of interesting and intelligent questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our task is to answer the questions and learn a bit about each other.

1) What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
Many years ago I was accidentally hit in the face with a baseball bat (full Swing). My face was cut open by the sunglasses I was wearing and I had a concision, my short term memory was affected.  I had no family in the area and I hadn't made many friends yet in my new state. So many people stepped in to help me (I was out of sorts for a month): co-workers, hospital staff, casual acquaintances and surprisingly my ex-boyfriends family.  I felt blessed that so many people stepped up to help me, it was one of the nicest things anyone has done for me.

2) What is the most fun thing you have ever done?
I went on a 14 day cruise to Europe. I loved the trip and saw so many sights in a very short time span. Granted, I was exhausted after running full speed for two weeks, but it was a wonderful trip and so much fun!

3) Are you left-handed or right-handed?
Right handed, but I can use both without much thought.

4) What is the biggest animal you’ve seen in the wild?
Humpback Whales, they were everywhere in Alaska. I also saw a very large grizzly in Alaska.

5) What is the smallest animal you’ve seen in the wild?
I was sitting on a log in the redwood forest writing in my travel journal. It was quiet and magical due to the light streaming in at an angle through the giant trees. I looked to my right and found a tiny mouse sitting on the end of the log with me.  The little mouse looked so out of place in this giant landscape. We sat peacefully enjoying each others company, it was a wonderful moment in time. 

6) Do you ever have funny dreams at night? 
I don't think so, they are usually strange.

7) If you could make a law for your country, what would it be?
Free healthcare and affordable prescription drugs for all citizens. 

8) What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
Sneak in the Biltmore House and see all the wonders of life in the Gilded Age. I would play "Queen for a Day".

9) If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
Oprah - "you get a house, and you get a car, and you get a vacation, and you get a makeover, and you get a boat, etc...". I would love to fulfill the dreams of others.

10) What would you like to change about yourself?
I'd like to have more enthusiasm when it's time to down size...we have too much stuff!

11) What would your perfect day be like?
Waking up in an exotic tropical place, breakfast served on the balcony overlooking the water, a day of relaxation and pampering, a sunset dinner on the beach with tiki torches and fine wine with each coarse, and then snuggling with my sweetie in our over water bungalow, listening to the waves as we drift off to sleep. Perfection!

12) What makes you nervous?
The idiot in the White House and everything he is doing to destroy the country.

Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA



Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment