Monday, September 26, 2011

A Blast from My Past…


This week we are going on a family camping trip to the North Georgia Mountains. I must admit that I love camping, but I get a little stressed when children join the adventure. I don’t have kids of my own, but I did acquire a whole collection of them when I got married. I’ve learned that kids can get in trouble quicker than…...well, quicker than I can keep up with them.

So, too ease my nerves and keep their attention focused on something other than getting in trouble, I’m putting together a camping bead craft kit. I may be dating myself, but I’m going to revive a skill that I haven’t used since the late 70s. We will be making friendship bracelets using macramé knotting techniques. Making friendship bracelets is a fun project for any age, and with so many patterns available, there is a design that is right for any skill level. Hopefully it will keep them amused and out of harms way. 

Did you ever give/receive any friendship bracelets? In the 70s you were suppose to wear it until it fell off as a sign of friendship with the gift giver. I wore one from a best friend for several years in High School.
Share this Blog Post :

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea (the camping and the macrame knotting)! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having fun and I'll just bet they're loving the friendship bracelets.

    ReplyDelete