I’m joining the fun this week…. Sitting on the porch and answering random questions about everything under the sun….
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why?
Lake Blue Ridge in Blue Ridge, GA….We just moved to Blue Ridge three weeks ago, due to all the unpacking, office/studio set-up, trips to the Home Depot, and donating stuff to local thrift stores, we have not had time to enjoy the beautiful mountain lake just a short trip from our house. Looking forward to dipping my toes in the cold mountain water sometime soon!
2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink?
I love Sangria with a lot of fresh fruit floating in the pitcher. We purchase a great bottle of sangria from Costco and add our own fruit to jazz it up. It’s so refreshing on a hot day.
3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were - clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties), unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites), de-clutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you), say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead. Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful in keeping life simple? Which item on the list should you adopt in order to simplify your life this month?
“Forget multitasking” has helped my scattered brain cope during this massive multiple phase move we just completed. The one thing I should do this month to help simplify my life would be “write down your daily goals”. This would help keep me on track and not forget any of the tasks that still need to be completed at the new house and for my upcoming craft show events.
4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school?
I worked at the Dairy Queen in Merrillville Indiana. I made hundreds of Dilly Bars and Ice Cream Sandwiches that summer. To this day I can still make a perfect cone with the curl on top. Ice Cream has always been my guilty pleasure.
5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite?
6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past?
Not harder or easier, just very different. This generation has its challenges with all the social media and pressure to fit in. Parents toady have to keep up with the latest ‘fads’ and ‘scams’ just like our parents did; the goal is the same for every generation…keep your kids safe and well provided for.
7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier?
I’ve been called “Jim Patton in a skirt”; we are alike in almost every way. He is determined and driven, a hard worker, he believes in God, and has a tender heart for all God’s creatures. In those ways I think I'm like my dad. I also inherited his height (I’m 6’ tall) and his blue eyes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m reinventing myself (center); I left the corporate world after 33 years to pursue my creative dreams. We moved out of the big city (Atlanta) to a small mountain town with a fabulous artist community. I’m booked for my first juried art event and I have the loving support of my husband Chuck, my girl friends, and family …Life is good!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA