I’m joining the fun this week….
Sitting on the porch and answering random questions about everything under the sun….
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here.
If plan "A" doesn't work, no worries, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet. My mantra as a project manager. 😊
2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day GO CAMPING.
I discovered my happy place (camping) late in life. My family did not camp when I was growing up and I traveled extensively for my job after college. When I returned from a business trip, I just wanted to spend time at home, not on the road. I was in my mid 30's when I was invited to join a camping trip to the Great Smoky Mountains...I loved it! I've been car camping ever since. I find it relaxing and a great way to recharge. These days we "glamp" (short for glamorous camping), we bring every convenience available to make our campsite comfortable and my Sweetie is a gourmet campfire chef. No hot dogs on a stick for us! I love camping!
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
Same answer as #2...Camping! Some of my favorite places to camp: Cumberland Island, GA; Cloudland Canyon, GA; Big Creek, Great Smoky Mountains, TN; and Kings Canyon, CA.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
A new favorite - Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake - I was introduced to this song on a previous Hodgepodge! Just try to sit still when you hear this tune; I bet you can't. I'm humming it in my head right now - "I can't stop the feeling, so just dance, dance, dance" - fun!
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?
I have to ask...just what are we celebrating or honoring? I'm puzzled on this one. The last fast food I had was a Dairy Queen chocolate dipped cone...I went through the drive-thru so it was "fast food". My happy meal is a meat and cheese board with complimentary fruits, spreads, warm crusty bread, and a nice bottle of red wine.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I started blogging to promote my little Etsy jewelry business, but found that I enjoyed writing about life and the world around me much more than I enjoyed marketing my wares. I don't think I'm a very good writer, but I do enjoy it. I also really enjoy reading blogs; I could spend the entire day following links and hopping from one blog to the next.
7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
- That God gave me another day here on earth with the one I love.
- That I have a brave cat (Buddy) to hunt down that pesky little mouse in the basement (we live in the mountains, cold weather brings them in)
- That my Sweetie loves to grocery shop (I don't) and he stocked the cabinets prior to his road trip tomorrow.
- That a small family of deer has moved into our yard to wait out the fire. They have been here for several days.
- That my creative juices were flowing today, I completed several handmade ornaments for the Christmas Market.
- That I opened another moving box and found family photos that I hadn't seen in many, many, years...priceless!
- And most of all...that I have so many friends and family praying for our safety from the wildfire.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The wildfire in the Cohutta Wilderness (Rough Ridge, GA) is steadily moving toward our home. The fire is now 5 miles away and has been burning for just under a month. Overall it has consumed 20,000+ acres of the National Forest; 200+ firefighters from across the country have arrived to fight this monster fire. There is no end in sight, the winds and drought are fueling the fire which is only 20% contained as of day. We really need a long
drenching rain ( or even snow ) to stop this monster. Please pray with us or if you are not religious, please keep us in your thoughts. We need a lot of rain, protection for the forest creatures that have been driven out of their sanctuary, and a halt to the fire's advancement. On a personal note, we need prayers to save our home. Thank You for your help with this; here is a photo of our favorite day trip road in the wilderness...so sad...it breaks my heart...
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA