I’m joining the fun this week….
Sitting by the fireplace and answering random questions about everything under the sun….
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now?
Right now it stands for... "as secretive as possible"... I've taken a part time job as a secret shopper. I audit customer service and product knowledge at retail stores in my area. I go in as a 'secret' shopper and observe how the store associates respond to my scripted questions and handle out-of-stock situations. I also audit the overall appearance of the stores, the cash register experience and the cleanliness of the restrooms. I've become very talented at blending in with the crowd.
2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?
When I was in the corporate world I was the first to speak-up as the leader of a project team. This was a learned skill; I'm typically a shy, quiet person outside of the workplace.
3. What do you remember best about being 12?
Summer camp at Camp Goodfellow in northern Indiana. I loved going to sleep-away camp for two weeks each summer. When I was 12 I had been going to camp for five years, so I knew the routine and was no longer homesick, anxious, or uncomfortable with new experiences. I just had a good time swimming, and doing crafts, and honing my archery skills. Life was good....
4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped go here for inspiration.
Some days I feel like Eeyore, but the quiz said I'm really more like Kanga...caring and supportive, more adventurous than people might at first realize, and up for anything that's reasonably safe and somewhat sane. Yep, sounds like me....Kanga.
5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?
I use "My Fitness Pal" to help count carbs and calories; it makes it easy to figure out what amount of insulin is needed to control my sugar levels. I just type in the food/drink I'm eating and it does the calculation for me. I don't need to add it all up in my head. I just enter the number into my insulin pump and I'm good to go!
6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)...you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?
I've visited all of the cities listed and I'm having a hard time picking one...hmmm...I guess I'll go with San Diego and stay at the Del Coronado; it's an amazing hotel right on the beach. I'd like to stretch out on a lounge chair under an umbrella, with a frosty drink, and a good book. I just started reading "Katherine" by Anya Seton.
7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?
In 1970 the group Chicago released the song "Color My World". That summer the camp counselors at Camp Goodfellow would blast this song (and others) over the PA system after dinner and before lights out each night. I remember sitting with my cabin mates cross legged in the grass under the flickering outdoor light; we would sing and sway back and forth to "Color My World". Whenever I hear that song today it takes back to those wonderful summer nights in 1970.