I’m joining the fun this week….
Sitting by the fireplace and answering random questions about everything under the sun….
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. "The cure for anything is salt water-tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? Of the three, which has 'cured' you most recently?
Most recently it was the sea that 'cured' me. Two weeks ago I spent a weekend in New Smyrna Beach, FL with my college BFFs. It was a sad occasion that called me back to Florida; the daughter of one of my dear friends had passed away from a very aggressive cancer. She had just turned 25 and had her whole life ahead of her. After the memorial service we spent two days on the beach. We shed many tears, but we let the tide carry our sorrow out to sea; I believe in the healing power of the sea!
2. What's something you can't eat without salt? Do you normally salt your food a lot, a little, or not at all?
I don't use very much salt on my food, but I can't eat popcorn without it and I need butter on it too.
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand...which sandy phrase could best be applied to something in your life right now?
Built on Sand - my schedule was a moving target today. I had to make many changes to my personal and business calendars. I'm very organized, but multiple changes on the same day, for one event, drives me crazy.
4. A favorite book, movie, or song with an island setting or theme?
The book and movie "Eat, Pray, Love" set on the island of Bali. Stunning location and fabulous story.
5. Yesterday-did you run your day or did it run you? How so?
I ran the day...slept late, stayed in my jammies, worked on my Meetup group communications, planned an upcoming "Glamping" trip for a large group, had dinner in town, and snuggled with my sweetie...I made all the choices!
6. You're on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked in a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran?
In the morning you will find me parked in a beach chair (under a umbrella) reading a good book, in the afternoon you'll find me snorkeling off the back of a catamaran, and in the evening you'll find me wining and dinning at a restaurant with a good view of the setting sun. The photo below is a favorite Beach Club from a recent trip to Tortola Island (yep, I parked it in one of those beach chairs reading my book).
7. What do you think we humans most take for granted?
Sometimes we take it for granted, but what we do on a daily basis truly is our choice.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA