Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 02/21/2018

Sitting by the fireplace and answering random questions about everything under the sun….

Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.

From this Side of the Pond


1. Where do you go when you need some inspiration?

For inspiration I go to our local Art Center in Blue Ridge, GA, an outdoor art festival, or the John C. Campbell Folk Art School.  I'm a jewelry maker and I also make hand drawn cards/envelopes.  Just being around other artists is always an inspiration. 

2. What's under your bed?


Fully grown dust bunnies, wearing my run-away slippers...

3. Thursday, February 22nd is National Chili Day, National Margarita Day, and National Cook a Sweet Potato Day. Of the three which would you most like to celebrate? Is that likely?

Definitely Cook a Sweet Potato Day...with butter and brown sugar please!  A possibility, but not likely; My husband and I are going to a prix fixe dinner on Thursday...not sure if sweet potato will be on the menu.  

4. What are you 'snowed under' with right now?



Medical bills and insurance companies...Getting everything billed and paid correctly for an accident I had one year ago.  It has been a daunting task....

5. Tell us three to five things that make you feel balanced?
  1. Having a detailed online schedule that I can pull up easily. I was a professional project manager, schedules have been part of  my life for a long time. Without one I feel lost.
  2. Setting priorities and staying focused on those priorities keeps stress and anxiety  under control.
  3. I keep learning; I read, take classes, go to weekly trivia nights, travel and explore the world around me. 
6. Insert your own random thought here.


Has anyone taken the high speed ferry from Ft Myers to Key West?  I'm looking for information about the trip....was it bumpy or rolling?  I get seasick, but I don't want to take medications, they make me sleepy.  Also, any "must see" places in Key West.  I've been many times, but love to discover something new on every trip.

Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA


Share this Blog Post :

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the medical bills and insurance dealings. That's no fun at all! I've never been to Key West, but it sure sounds inviting. Hope you can take the ferry without any problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't taken the ferry but I love Key West. Enjoy your week, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,

    Just dealing with insurance companies is a daunting experience. Oh, the battle it seems! Your rooster watercolor painting is so cheery. Have fun in Key West. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, we haven't done the ferry trip but friends have done it a few times and love it. Whether it is choppy or not will depend on the weather, of course. It is on a bucket list for us since we have heard it is so much fun.

    Fully grown dust bunnies, wearing my run-away slippers... That made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I cannot function without a schedule and a plan. It's just a part of my life and I'm much more productive that way. Enjoyed your answers and love the watercolor rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to laugh at the dust bunnie line! Hope you get the insurance stuff sorted out. I am so glad we have our NHS system here in the UK even if it is struggling right now. Can't advise on the trip front but hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete