Wednesday, July 4, 2018

What's Happening!

I'm following the example of one of my favorite bloggers, Joyce at: from this side of the pond...she caught us up on her happenings in one blog post with twenty small updates.
 I haven't blogged in a very long time. I was surprised to find the last time I blogged was in February!  Much longer than I thought so now I'm going to squeeze several months into a catch-up post. 

I have a lot of updates to share with you...so here we go....I promise to keep it less than twenty. :)


Dad's Place in Ft. Myers
1.)  My Sweetie and I took a road trip to Ft Myers, FL to visit my Dad and Stepmom in March. They have a new home on the Orange River with amazing views and a fun community spirit. It's always a great time visiting Dad.

Sherree and Ed

2.)  While in Florida I spent some time with my good (since grade school) friend Sherree. Isn't it amazing how quickly friends can reconnect and get right back on the same page in the relationship. We plan to visit more often. She is living in the beach community of Venice, FL...Fun!
Key West
3.)  We took the high speed ferry to Key West from Ft. Myers, I highly recommend the ferry, it was so easy and fast. Key West is one of my very favorite places to unwind and toast the beautiful sunset. We stayed several days and spent time with my good friend Pam who lives on the Island.


Gracie The Duck

4.)  Camping has been a big part of the last several months. We spent our last night in our "Glamping" tent. I was so sad   My arthritis has gotten to the point that I just can't handle the cold/wet weather and my Sweetie had to do all the set-up/pack-up etc.; I just couldn't do it anymore. The good news is that we purchased a "Glamping Trailer" on the way home....so excited for our new adventures in "Gracie The Duck"... Florida Friends and Family...we should be down more often!


James Island County Camping

5.)  Since buying the new Trailer we have been camping many places in the southeast. I loved camping outside of Charleston on James Island the best.


6.)  The big news is a new creative business that I'm involved with - "Paint the Town Blue". I will be teaching jewelry classes in the studio there several times a month. There will also be a retail store attached to the studio that will carry my handmade jewelry. This is a very exciting opportunity for me.


7.)  In June I took another Metal Clay class with Pam East, a world class jewelry artist. I love this process and have greatly improved my skills.  I think I've moved past beginner.  I will feature my Metal Clay Jewelry at the new Shoppe.


8.)  Loving my girlfriends here in Blue Ridge! We dine out together, have a Book Club, attend bunco together, go antiquing, and there is usually wine involved...Cheers!


Happy 4th of July!
Lori in Blue Ridge
Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. Well hello and welcome back! Sure sounds like you have been busy, but also having a bunch of fun!! Congrats on the new 'home-away-from-home'! It looks quite comfy! Congrats too on the new business!! Wishing you all good luck with it and please do keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete