Thursday, July 30, 2009

What color bead do I want to use next?

Winter 2009 - 2010 Color Inspirations


Interpreting color from fashion into jewelry design is a challenging project, but it is also quite fun. I'm brainstorming my material options and choosing the best ones to interpret current trends from fashion, retail, apparel, and joining them to current trends in jewelry design for my own unique creations. The winter 2009/2010 color trends have been broken down into three categories:

Chic
: This trend is dominated by solid and cold tones. Midnight blues and earth tones as well as deep pink are opposing and in that way creating a world of playful combinations. The interaction of functional blues and structured browns burst forth in stormy alchemies. I've designed a sparkly Agate slice necklace using this color pallet.




Classic:
is characterized by diluted color effects. Clean and earthy colors play a big role in this section. In curious combinations they seem to be like an experiment. Brown and green tones mixed together create a hint of mystery in combination with gray and foggy shades. I've designed a simple seed bead necklace from this color pallet.




Casual:
colors reflect the style of mixed technologies. Juicy orange tones, drunken scarlets and neutral nuances combine in a striking relation. Pavement grays and strong purples brought together with dazzling lights are a contrast to the passionate and earthy tones. I've designed a fun lampwork bracelet using the Casual color trends.



Look for additional color trend pieces in my Etsy shop:
http://www.lorisglassworks.etsy.com/







Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. Love your agate necklace. I'm all about the earth tones and feel of nature....very beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete