Sunday, March 21, 2010

I feel like a Rock Star…

Yesterday one of my necklaces was featured on the Front Page of Etsy. This is a big deal in Etsy Land!

First, I was featured in a lovely Treasury list by Nancy of Newnanc Design. The Treasury is an ever-changing, member-curated shopping gallery of handpicked items. Members can feature their favorite items, items selected on a theme or just whatever they like. The Treasury is not intended for self-promotion, but instead to acknowledge and share the many cool things for sale on Etsy. I was honored to be picked by Nancy for her list featured below….


Second, I noticed that there was an unusually high amount of traffic in my Etsy Shop. Visitor numbers were off the charts! I also had numerous emails (“convos”) about one necklace in particular. That’s when I realized that something BIG had happened that morning. At 7:00am on March 20th , my “Natures Treasures” was on the front page (current FP) of the Etsy website. Wahoo! I was an Etsy rock star for a few hours.



Finally, after the dust had settled later in the day, I reviewed the numbers. Over 500 buyers had viewed my FP necklace. Nineteen of those gave my shop a heart as one of their favorites. Twelve new hearts were given to other items in my shop and one buyer has requested a custom necklace similar to the FP necklace. WOW! Getting on the front page has really boosted my motivation and renewed my sense of pride in my work.

THANKS NANCY!
Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU Lori! It's a joy to create treasuries with wonderful pieces like your necklace. I'm so glad your work was recognized as being front page worthy and that your shop received so much traffic! Best wishes on the success of your Etsy shop. I plan to check your blog frequently as well -- it's very nicely done. Here's to Etsy Rock Stars ! :-)
    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete