Friday, November 16, 2012

Challenge of Color Blog Hop


WooHoo! I’m one of the 80 participants in the 3rd Annual Challenge of Color.

If you’d like, you can read about this challenge in detail HERE.

Erin of Treasures-Found randomly assigned me two uniquely different color palettes based on satellite images of the planet earth. The challenge is to use one of the pallets to design and create a piece of handmade bead jewelry. Here are the two images I was sent:




 From the two options I selected the Lakes District for my jewelry design.  I love the vibrant colors and immediately thought of beads in my stash that fit beautifully into this color mix.  Since there will likely be more than one person using the same palette, it will be interesting to see how the same image and palette produce different results.

Now I need to get busy selecting beads, clasp, findings, and the technique I want to use for this challenge! I think I’ll make a necklace with matching earrings. Stop by my blog on Friday November 30 to see my finished design.

If you're interested in seeing some of the other stunning pictures that inspired the color pallets for this challenge, check out the Earth As Art image gallery.

Cheers!


Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment