Tuesday, January 13, 2015

1000 Gifts - Part Eight

This is part eight of my own journey to list my 1000 gifts; blessings to be thankful for every day. 

It really does make a difference in my outlook when I realize how much splendor surrounds me on a daily basis.  There are so many things to be thankful for…all the little things that make me smile.

My mission is based on a book by Ann Voskamp titled One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. I plan to complete this journey by December 3o, 2015. Should you also feel inspired to remind yourself of all the things you have been blessed with (things that make you smile every day), please join me.

And so my 1000 Gifts journey continues... 
One Thousand gifts I have been blessed with Part Eight:
201.   Having the courage to leave my job of 30 years (with God's help). 
202.   Getting the first job I applied for. 
203.   I night out supporting our friends event - Rick Alviti Elvis Tribute.
204.   Brunch with friends that we haven't spent time with recently.
205.   Realizing that I've had a big impact on people I've worked with over the years.
206.   Knowing that in some small way I will be missed
207.   Chicken Pot Pie on a cold stormy night.
208.   Having a new spot to relax with my sweetie that is not at opposite ends.
209.   A beautiful rug to keep the chill at bay on the hardwood floors.
210.   Escaping the giant size hail and wind storm with no damage. 
211.   Being able to make a difference in my sweeties commute by moving north.
212.   Knowing the move is not on a strict time schedule so we can find the right house.
213.   Going on a weekend adventure in Highlands, NC with Jade
214.   For the new member of our family: rescue kitty that we've named Loki
215.   The bird feeder in the backyard to keep our small friends fed this winter.

To be continued...
Cheers!


Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment