I’m joining the fun this week….
Sitting on the porch and answering random questions about everything under the sun….
Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.
1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world...how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it's official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What's a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?
I always decorate the house for fall....wreath on the door, hay bales, pumpkins, and a Halloween themed mini village. I love my little village; Halloween has been my favorite holiday for a very long time. I also celebrate my birthday and anniversary in October. This year we will be going on a cruise to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. My sweetie is very scent sensitive so we don't add any additional scents to our home.
2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?
Hard Question, I like them all, but if I need to make a choice:
Pumpkin Pie (with whipped cream of course)
Warm Apple Cider (I never drink coffee...blah)
3. Do you suffer from what is sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it's here?
Yes, I do suffer from afternoon slump...I usually have a little snack...some nuts, cubes of cheese, dried fruits, or apple slices. It gives me a little sugar boost that jump starts my energy for the afternoon. I'm usually in the studio working on jewelry in the afternoon.
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?
|Brenda Sanders, Lori Dorrington, and Belinda Burke|
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that's a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?
No not really, I've learned that people pleasing puts a lot of extra stress on my health and causes me to overcommit my time and limited energy. Keeping everyone happy causes me to lose sleep, become anxious, and get very grumpy. I now set priorities for myself, if pleasing someone is important today, I do it. I don't stress if everyday is not filled with people pleasing tasks. I need to take care of me and then everything else.
6. The seasons are a-changin'...share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).
From the master of change: David Bowie's - "Changes" - R.I.P.
7. What do you wish would never change?
My memory! As I age my memory has become less than stellar...it scares me to think my memories may be lost forever someday.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This weekend we went into the city to visit two of our favorite restaurants: Bone Garden Cantina and Local Three. It was so nice to be recognized by the staff, and feeling that we had been missed. We LOVE living in the mountains, but do miss our local favorites in the city. We decided that at least quarterly we will spend a weekend in the city and enjoy our favorite dining spots.
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA