Friday, June 11, 2010

How to make a photo mosaic...


There are lots of options for making photo collages. You can do a Google search for "photo collage" and find a bunch. But here is what I do: I use a site called Big Huge Labs to create mosaics.

Once you have picked the photos on flickr or from your personal photos file, go to Big Huge Labs and find the Mosaic Maker. Then let the fun begin. ;)

Here are some directions to make the layout that I used for this mosaic – four pictures, with a gray frame.

At the top of the page, you will see the command "Choose Layout." Click on the drop down menu and choose the option – 2+2 with shadow.

You can choose the colors for your frame by clicking on the white boxes that say background color and border color. A color wheel will appear, and you may scroll over it and click on any color you like (I chose white background and grey border).

For "Space between Images" I usually choose 2 pixels which gives a rather narrow border, but this one is totally subjective -- use whatever you like.

You will be asked to choose 4 photos to fill this layout. Note that they go across from the top row #1 & #2, second row #3 & #4, etc.

Once you have chosen your photos, click "Create." If you wish to edit it, click on "Edit" at the top of the mosaic. Then you can go back and delete or change any photos, background colors, etc. When you are satisfied, click on "Save" at the top of the page.

I hope this helps all of you who want to learn how to make a photo mosaic.
Share this Blog Post :

3 comments:

  1. Lori
    What a fabulous post! I always wondered how to do this. Thank you for sharing!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this sharing this! I am off to make a mosaic right now!!!!
    Carolyn
    Care More Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to your post! I hadn't heard of this program and will be grateful to have it for my blog...and probably a hundred other things :)

    ReplyDelete