Tuesday, October 9, 2012

1000 Gifts - Part Four


This is part four of my own journey to list my 1000 gifts; blessings to be thankful for every day.

It really does make a difference in my outlook when I realize how much splendor surrounds me on a daily basis.  There are so many things to be thankful for…all the little things that make me smile.

My mission is based on a book by Ann Voskamp titled One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. I plan to complete this journey by June 3o, 2013. Should you also feel inspired to remind yourself of all the things you have been blessed with (things that make you smile every day), please join me.

And so my 1000 Gifts journey continues...
One Thousand gifts I have been blessed with Part Four:
60.  Snuggling with my sweetie before the alarm clock sounds
61.  Biscoff cookies to take to work
62.  Finally a reduction in the swelling from my broken ankle
63.  A new keyboard that doesn't have the letters rubbed off
64.  Seeing the first Pumpkins at the grocery store
65.  Second in line upon arrival at the post office (very rare indeed)
66.  An email from a friend who moved to Mexico
67.  The mailbox full of Fall catalogs
68.  Seeing a little boys excitement when the volcano erupted at the Hibachi Grill
69.  Driving the scenic route home, not having to take the highway
70.  The smell of freshly baked bagels
71.  Being able to walk down the stairs normally; not step-hop, step-hop
72.  Knowing that it's date night, something to look forward to during my day
73.  Five o'clock on Friday...WooHoo!
74.  Zero aaggravation or stress at the dealership ( I love CarMax) 
75.  Knowing that my Husband will be safer on the highway in his new car
76.  Discovering a little independent BBQ restaurant with amazing pulled pork.
77.  Having Chef Hall (Local Three) make me a special short ribs plate "just because"
78.  The ease of finding the perfect outfit for work the day after laundry day
79.  Easing into Monday at the office before everyone else arrives
Too be continued….


Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment