Thursday, February 28, 2013

I'm Ready for Camping Season...


A little camping humor……

After having good, hearty meal for dinner, they laid themselves down in their tent for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, after hearing a Great Horned Owl begin hooting a strange call, Detective Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.

Holmes said: "Watson, look up and tell me what you see".
Watson said: "I see a fantastic panorama of countless stars".

Holmes: "And what does that tell you, my good boy?"
Watson then pondered for a moment...
"Astronomically, it tells me that there are billions of stars and galaxies and potentially millions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo, good news for pisces. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three am. Theologically, I can see that God is All Powerful; and that we are small and insignificant in comparison to the Divine Powers that rule the Universe. And, meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow from the lack of cloud coverage."

Then Dr. Watson follows up his incredibly thorough answer with this:
"Why? What does it tell you, Holmes?"    
Holmes was silent for a moment then spoke: "Someone has stolen our tent."

Get Outside and enrich your life by discovering the lighter side of yourself.  Laughing a little more about things in general is good for the soul. For some reason, hilarious things tend to occur when we're outside with our friends camping; I think it's God's way of rewarding us for doing something good for our bodies and souls.

Wisdom and truth comes in all shapes and sizes and from all beliefs. Finding your path in the world isn't always easy, but I believe the serenity and peace of the outdoors can lead you closer to enlightenment. Balance yourself and calm your spirit by venturing out into nature…think outside…no box required!
Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that, I need a little chuckle today. I love camping and being outdoors, I just wish I could do it more often.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete